Tuesday, April 5, 2011

A few weeks ago a saw a movie poster for the new Red Riding Hood movie. I liked how the poster looked but didn't think much of it after that. Well not a week later I was jogging on a trail by my house, it was an overcast day and kind of gloomy outside. I noticed not far off the path there was a large group of trees with a lot of downed branches around them, every thing looked very dead. Seeing this area made me think of this poster and I thought to myself how cool it would be to do a Red Riding Hood shoot in those trees. Well I found an inexpensive red cloak and emailed my friend Becca about the idea. She was all for it so we set up a time to shoot.
The day of the shoot was very overcast and dark, it even snowed a little bit. We had arranged our shoot for 5pm, great time for photos even on an overcast day like it was. Becca and I were all ready to shoot and just our luck the clouds moved out and the sun shone bright, something it hadn't done all week.
We didn't let that get us down though. We still shot our photos, I had to change a few original ideas but I ended up loving what I got from our shoot. Here are a few of my favorites.









No comments: