Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Busy photo week



Last week was a busy photo week for me. I only took pictures one day but had a couple of photo events that were really cool. On Thursday night I was able to go up to Salt Lake and rub elbows with a bunch of local photographers. The event was for a pretty well known guy in the photo world named Zack Arias. If you don't know who Zack is, he is a pretty amazing music photographer. He does a lot of bands press kits and CD covers. I was able to talk to him for a few minutes and he also spoke to the group about how he got started and what he does. He's a great speaker and was really entertaining. There was a photo booth set up at the event and I got a couple photos with my buddy Sam and a new friend named Alex.

The other photo event I had was a thing called Photocamp Utah. It's an all day workshop type thing. I went up with my friend from high school and good photo buddy Jeremy Stowell. We were able to learn a few cool new things from some great photographers. I will admit though that I went in with pretty high expectations and was expecting a little more from the workshops. Still, even though I didn't learn as much as I was hoping I would I learned a few new things and again got to hear Zack Arias speak. Over all it was a fun day of photo nerdiness.

No comments: